Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I start counselling, then change my mind?
- Then we could explore why that is, if you choose. Or it may be that now is not the right time for you.
- Why is the session 50 minutes?
- I use the 50 minute hour as this then allows 10 minutes to wind a session down. You will then have more time to gather yourself before leaving.
- Will you be a real friend to me?
- Our relationship is professional. I am bound by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Ethical Framework.
- If I need practical help — finances, housing — can you help me with that?
- I cannot give advice. However, I may be able to help you explore why you feel the way you do. Or, refer you to someone better suited to your needs.
- Do you talk to anyone about me without telling me?
- I have regular supervision. Our work is discussed to support me
in my work with the client, but not your personal details.
- I've been in this dilemma for years — will you give me some guidance as I need to know what to do next?
- Our sessions are about your journey. I cannot give guidance or advice but will help you find a way that is right for you.
- What if I had concerns about the sessions or there was something else I wanted to talk about?
- You can ask me anything at any time during the sessions. The
sessions are for you and your concerns are
Copyright © 2012 Sadie Betts.